His full name is Joseph Antonio Cartagena but he goes by Fat Joe. This is his stage name. Fat joe is an American rapper who began his career as a member of group Diggin’ in the Crates Crew. This was his start and later on he went on his solo career. He then set up his own label Terror Squad along with others.
Fat Joe was born on August 19, 1970 in New York City, US. He is of Cuban and Puerto Rican descent and had a very rough childhood. Being considered an outsider he had to lead a very rough childhood. He even had to steal to meet his needs. We can see that his rough early experiences have an impact on his whole life.
Fat Joe was introduced to hip hop music by his brother. It was 1993 when his debut solo album Represent was released. His song “Flow Joe” made its way to the top spot on the Billboard Hot Rap Songs chart. This was his first step and he then continued his way towards the top. In 2001 he released “Jealous Ones Still Envy” (J.O.S.E). This album is his most successful album to date. RIAA awarded it platinum certificate and BPI also gave it silver rank. Besides the album rocked multiple music charts. His latest album “Family Ties” was released in December 2019.
Some of his most famous songs are “Lean Back” (2004), “What’s Love” (2002), “Make It Rain” (2006), “All the Way Up” (2016) among others. On top of it he has also appeared in movies like Scary Movie 3 and tv like Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It. His movie “Happy Feet” was a commercial success.
Fat Joe Quotes
The rapper from Bronx is very famous for his quotes due to their richness and originality. Some of them are listed below.
- “All I know is stars and hits, you know what I mean? I don’t just sign a guy because he has a hot record. I sign a guy because he’s a star. He’s a pillar of the community.”
- “Man, I got so many regrets. The biggest is that Eminem gave me so many demos – six different times he approached me, and I didn’t sign him. Shame on me.”
- “Once you achieve a level of success… you learn, something tells you, ‘Man this ain’t even for you.’ You got to share with the people. You got to inspire the people.”
- “What I can tell you is that for Puerto Rico being such a small island, it has culturally impacted the entire world.”
- “See, me, I don’t run away. During my successes or my failures, I put it on me.”
- “To be slandered the way I get slandered is really uncalled for, but life goes on.”
Fat Joe Net-Worth
Fat Joe is a rapper and producer who started in the 90s with D.I.T.C crew but later on pursued a successful solo career. Later on, his own label Terror Squad held ground. As of 2021, Fat joe’s net-worth stands around $4 million. He owes it all to his successful music career and his appearance in movies.
Image by: hiphopdx.com